amazon coverart - can we escape?

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 08:38:44 UTC 2008

On Sunday 20 April 2008 10:00:08 Caleb Cushing wrote:
> would there be any way to escape using amazon's api for coverart? I can see
> where ignorant people new to linux who got an old version of amarok (1.4.7)
> might see amarok as buggy in that respect, if they didn't realize it was
> amazon that changed things on us.

I just hd an idea: if there was some web script on amarok.kde.org that would
query the Amazon site and return the results, then amarok could query it
instead of the amazon site directly. This way if something changes the only
thing that needs to be altered is that web script.

Of course, cover fetching can be made scriptable (just like the lyrics).

Best Regards,
Gleb