[Feedback] AMAROK 1.4.7

Walter Little walterplittle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 07:59:12 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Craig Ross <craig at ventexwebdesigns.com.au>
wrote:

> A another quick google reveals that someone by the name of Allen Dulles
> wrote books on spying, maybe he is trying to get amaroks secret source code
> out of us
> lol

Nice....lol you beat me to it! Somehow open source must be un-American ;-)

Regarding the original post in this thread - which sets a new standard for
articulate, persuasive writing - allow me to compare it with my own
experiences. I used 1.4.7 for quite a long time before I finally got tired
of waiting for a 1.4.8 package (I'm still on SuSE 9.3) and built it myself.
That box is still running KDE 3.4 (would be quite a bit of trouble to
upgrade it, will just need to make time to get a newer distro on there).
Anyway, my setup as such is not the nominal setup for the later versions of
Amarok, and it still works just fine. 1.4.7 had a couple of minor annoyances
that were fixed in subsequent versions, and even still nothing even close to
making me feel in such a way as to even consider making a comment like his
(that is, if it were in my nature to make comments like that). So, I imagine
that his problem was not in fact an Amarok problem, but rather something
lower level like a misconfigured or unsupported sound engine or a missing
library or something like that. It wouldn't have taken much effort for him
to figure out at least the general nature of his problems. But then again,
people who make comments like that don't figure stuff out for themselves;
they'd much prefer to piss and moan their way through life.

I think the surest sign that someone is a moron is when he is quick to call
others morons without any consideration that in so doing, he himself is a
fool.

Cheers,

Walter