amazon coverart - can we escape?

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 07:43:24 UTC 2008

Well, we have been discussing this for a while. Right now our best
idea is to make the cover fetching run as a script and then allowing
people to use different scripts. This would allow us to easily
experiment with different cover sources. Last.fm seems to have a good
cover fetching API, so that seems like one option wotjh pursuing as
well.

All of this is for Amarok 2 though, as I doubt we will make such major
changes to the 1.4 branch.