Amarok

Thomas Holzmann holzi1 at gmx.at
Mon Apr 14 07:27:05 UTC 2008

Johannes Schwall schrieb:

> If there's no automatic update on your machine, you can try to find
> out, which kind of packages Xandros (the Linux distribution on the Eee
> PC) uses, that's most likely "deb" or "rpm". Then you should be able
> to download the new amarok version at
> http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download and install it. (How that's done
> depends on the package type as well.)

Xandros uses debs. However, according do Xandros the packages are not
compatible with Debian debs, therefore Xandros does not recommend to
install Debian debs.

I does not know how incompatible they are but I think for someone who's
new to Linux I would not recommend installing Debian packages because
after that you could have a broken system...

Thomas