On-the-fly transcoding when transferring to media device

Michael Schmarck michael.schmarck at habmalnefrage.de
Wed Apr 9 08:03:21 UTC 2008

Hello.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Christie Harris
<christie.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think what the OP wants is for the option to be greyed out when
>  transcoding is disabled - this would make sense, I think, and would
>  certainly lessen confusion.

Yes, that's exactly what I'd like to suggest. Disable this
option, if transcoding is disabled. As far as I understand
it, the "format chooser" only makes sense, when transcoding
is enabled. Is that right? If it is, then it's no good (and
confused at least me pretty much), that the "format
chosser" is available, if transcoding is disabled.

Or is there any point in choosing something there,
if transcoding is disabled?

Michael