compile errors in svn amarok

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:56:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> On 4/8/08, David Carlos Manuelda <stormbyte at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 08 April 2008 17:16:42 Leo Franchi wrote:
>  >  > On Apr 8, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Big O wrote:
>  >  > > so amarok is going to depend on all of kde now?
>  >  >
>  >  > Amarok 2 already depends on kdebase/runtime, as that includes Oxygen
>  >  > etc. So without kdebase/runtime you get no style or icons or windeco,
>  >  > which is not really usable.
>  >

> > But I've not seen any dep on taglib 1.5 in kde stuff...
>
>  KDE depends on KDE-Support, which contains TagLib.
>
>  --
>  Mark

AFAIK the only thing kde requires in kdesupport is strigi. So there is
no hard dependency on kdesupport. Soprano is only necessary for
nepomuk (optional) qca2 for kopete (again optional) eigen for that
chemistry app, and taglib for juk (again optional).
So like I said, is amarok going to depend on KDE? base and libs aren't
all of KDE as you seem to be making it out to be; there's multimedia
(which amarok also has some dependency on), graphics, edu, network,
games, and maybe pim again with 4.1.
Correct me if I'm wrong but taglib isn't a hard dependency of libs or
base. I don't even think _anything_ in libs or base depends on it. So
just because someone has KDE installed (read base and libs) doesn't
mean they're going to have taglib. Especially for someone like a gnome
user who isn't going to install kdemultimedia just to get juk, (that
why they're using amarok after all) which would automatically get them
taglib.
And then there's mac. And then there's windows.

--
All your gmail are belong to us.