Review patch

Tom Vollerthun Vollerthun at gmx.de
Sun Apr 6 08:36:40 UTC 2008

Hi there,

my collection contains mp3s with characters that are invalid XML-Chars (like \1). This escapes the check in src/collectionscanner/collectionscanner.cpp:514 and leads to the abortion of the run-method in XmlParseJob::run and consequently to a CollectionBrowser that doesn't contain my collection.

The attached patch allows only tags with printable characters and allows the collectionscanner to finish successfully on my collection. I would prefer to simply remove the invalid characters from the tag instead of skipping the complete tag, but that remains to be discussed.

I am preparing a unit-test to verify the bug and the fix.

Please review the patch and, if you think it is approbriate, use it.
Computer Science is no more about computers
than astronomy is about telescopes.
Dijkstra