Upgrade to 1.4.7 & Build Collection = Incorrect Mapping

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Thu Sep 27 10:57:45 UTC 2007

On 27/09/2007, Brian Hanks <bhanks at bhanks.com> wrote:
> First, let me say that I'm relatively new to using Amarok. That said, I
> have had it working before, and I do have a long Linux history.
>
> My problem is that I have recently upgraded from FC6 to F7 which brought
> along an upgrade to Amarokk 1.4.7.  After the OS upgrade, I set up
> Postgresql as my DB and I started Amarok.   Once connected to
> Postgresql, I ran the Build Collection function.  Everything seemed to
> go fine until I noticed that there were a significant number of my files
> that were mapped to the incorrect ID3 info.  A little research and I
> found that the entries in the database were mapped incorrectly.  That is
> the file pointers were somehow mixed up.  It seems as though this
> problem afflicts 20% - 30% of my 60GB collection.  I've rebuilt the
> entire Amarok DB after removing the ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok directory.
> And, I've tried about every setting that I can think of.

Removing that directory won't help since you are using psql. You can
remove ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc, which contains the collection
folders, but you should really wipe the database from within psql and
start again. The easiest way would be to DROP DATABASE then VACUUM
ANALYZE and recreate.

> 1.  Build and Re-Build of Collection produces same error consistently.
> 2.  Running the Manage Files=>Organize Files option fixes the problem,
> but writes the files off to a different location.  Running this option
> on the entire collection has entered my mind as an option, but it seems
> like a long process.  Any thoughts about whether this would be a good
> option?
> 3.  Running Rescan Collection and Update Collection does not fix the
> problem.
>

> If you need any additional info, just let me know.
>

> Thanks for the insight,
> -- Brian

Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/