Upgrade to 1.4.7 & Build Collection = Incorrect Mapping

Brian Hanks bhanks at bhanks.com
Thu Sep 27 10:51:37 UTC 2007

First, let me say that I'm relatively new to using Amarok. That said, I
have had it working before, and I do have a long Linux history.

My problem is that I have recently upgraded from FC6 to F7 which brought
along an upgrade to Amarokk 1.4.7.  After the OS upgrade, I set up
Postgresql as my DB and I started Amarok.   Once connected to
Postgresql, I ran the Build Collection function.  Everything seemed to
go fine until I noticed that there were a significant number of my files
that were mapped to the incorrect ID3 info.  A little research and I
found that the entries in the database were mapped incorrectly.  That is
the file pointers were somehow mixed up.  It seems as though this
problem afflicts 20% - 30% of my 60GB collection.  I've rebuilt the
entire Amarok DB after removing the ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok directory.
And, I've tried about every setting that I can think of.

1.  Build and Re-Build of Collection produces same error consistently.
2.  Running the Manage Files=>Organize Files option fixes the problem,
but writes the files off to a different location.  Running this option
on the entire collection has entered my mind as an option, but it seems
like a long process.  Any thoughts about whether this would be a good
option?
3.  Running Rescan Collection and Update Collection does not fix the
problem.

If you need any additional info, just let me know.

Thanks for the insight,
-- Brian