album .flac with .cue to display as separate tracks

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Thu Sep 27 09:36:21 UTC 2007

On 27/09/2007, Aleksander Kamenik <aleksander at krediidiinfo.ee> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I make a single album, a single flac file with cue sheet to
> display as independent tracks in the playlist.
>
> Right now it displays only one track, the first of the album. As it
> plays along the title changes to the second track as does the track
> number. And so on. This means it does identify the separate tracks
> correctly.
>
> But with this setup it's impossible to have an overview nor select
> individual tracks for playback.

Hi Aleksander,
The functionality that you are looking for has not been implemented in
Amarok. Cue support is a little sketchy at best, since there is little
demand for it and no willing contributor to implement the features.
Hopefully for Amarok 2 we will have a more solid cue implementation -
currently in Amarok 1 it is a little bit more than a hack. The new
infrastructure which we have in place should make this much easier to
support fully.

Stay tuned,
Seb

--