WCPE

Harald Sitter harald at getamarok.com
Thu Sep 20 20:36:34 UTC 2007

On Thursday 20 September 2007 02:36:04 level1 wrote:
> Can we add WCPE to amarok's list of default radio stations?  They are very
> linux friendly, offering music in .ogg format and playing great classical
> music all the time.  We should write them an email and ask if they would
> like to be listed.

Hm, linux firendly and ogg aren't reasons after all, if they were we probably
should add a whole bunch of other streams as well. ;-)

<very own opinion>
Anyway, I just listened for some minutes now. The sound quality actually sucks
big time, I think especially classical music needs a decent high bitrate,
though both Vorbis and MP3 aren't high quality, Vorbis is actually _awful_.
</very own opinion>

I'm going to listen to WCPE for the next couple of days, cause the music
itself is actually quite good (from what I got to hear yet).

Everyone is welcome to tell his/her opinion on that station. 2 opinions aren't
enough to decide ;-)

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     Mail: harald at getamarok.com