The folder path does not change to keep music organized neatly

Greg Meyer greg at gkmweb.com
Mon Sep 10 12:01:12 UTC 2007

On Sunday 09 September 2007, checho4 at yahoo.com wrote:
> This is quite frustrating.  I have amarok 1.4.7, and when I change the tag
> on a song, the folder location stays the same.  For example, if I have Fur
> Elise by Mozzart, amarok would place it in the folder
> /PathToMusicFoder/Mozzart/Fur Elise.mp3.  If I change the artist to read
> "Mozart" instead of "Mozzart", the path continues to read
> /PathToMusicFolder/Mozzart/Fur Elise.mp3.  Is there any way to fix this?
> iTunes changes the paths, and I like that because everything stays so
> organized.

There is a function called organize files that does this.  It will rename the
files to agree to your tags, although you have to change the tag first.

This is like this because I believe most of the devs preferred that amarok not
touch the files.  I prefer this because I have a very specific directory
structure associated with where the file came from.  I'd have a mess on my
hands if amarok started renaming everything.

--
Greg