1.4.4 and maybe 1.4.5

Aleksander Kamenik aleksander at krediidiinfo.ee
Mon Sep 10 08:49:29 UTC 2007

Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 09 September 2007, Donn Washburn wrote:
>> I was showing a person Amarok (1.4.4.  I was explaining the "function
>> "Add Media" when I noticed the <WIN> "A" short cut.  Worked.  However,
>> to well.  It left me locked up.  The problem was due to the speed of the
>> release of the "A".  I might suggest a repeat key timer with a bit more
>> time.  Trying to show someone and their "Let me see" ended up with 3
>> "Add Media" GUIs.  Number 3 canceled, but number 2 would not clear.
>
> I just re-created this in 1.4.7.  If I waited until all the windows popped up,
> and then closed them in reverse order, it seemed to work, but if I clicked
> one closed before they all opened, it would freeze up. HTH

I think that's a general bug. If I stick a USB drive or any other USB
device, amarok detects it and display some window about adding the media
or whatever. If I pull the USB device out and plug it in again (remount
it) then amarok display another popup. And I believe I've never have
managed to close the in the "correct" order.

This always ended in having to kill all amarok processes.

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator
aleksander at krediidiinfo.ee