Control Amarok with Bluetooth

Walter P. Little walterplittle at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 22:20:47 UTC 2007

I looked a bit for a Palm OS bemused client and came up unsuccessful (granted,
I only spent a few minutes). I have a Treo 650 and that would be a cool app to
have. The JamSE program referred to Seb's post does not have a Palm version per
se, maybe the generic ones might work, but they aren't the right screen
resolution (but otherwise would theoretically work if it were to be packaged
into a PRC file so that Palm would know what to do with it. It could then run
with the IBM JVM).

Unfortunately, the author of JamSE decided to not share the source code (as per
his license...sigh). Too bad, I thought for a minute that it would be cool to
put that app on the Palm.

There was a Palm OS native app called BTAmp, but most Palm app stores claim the
app is no longer available. I was able to download an ancient version (from
2003) from Tucows (but again, no source, and I think that what I downloaded was
only a demo).

Probably the best bet would be to take the stuff from bemused.sf.net and port
it. I might do that if I get a bit of spare time, it would be really cool to
have.

Cheers,

Walter