Would you want and use a Growl-like interface in KDE?

Tue Sep 4 01:10:56 UTC 2007

On 04/09/07, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:

> I doubt that you would be able to get anything into kde 3.5.8. Also, I
> think that notifications are going to be handled by some sort plasma
> enabled knotify, but I can't be sure.

Yah, I am far from certain that there ever will be a 3.5.8 and even then,
it would be a largish change, thus even more unlikely to happen, but
I wanted to include it for completeness.

> I agree, I think that the kpassivepopups are really ugly and growl is
> slick but perhaps it would be wise to find out what has been happening
> with the notification department on the KDE4 front.

This thread is, partially, an attempt to do just that. It appears my mail to
kde at kde.org did not go through (the list says kde at mail.kde.org, the site
says kde at kde.org), so I will probably re-post over there after waiting some
more, too.

Richard