[Feedback] Where can one get help with Amarok if one DO NOT use KDE ?

post_overalt at hotmail.com post_overalt at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:02:21 UTC 2007

brian ryberg  sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

Have installed Amarok and wanted to rip my CD's to disk, but it is all
rather confusing (also, I am not comfortable with the mount stuff under the
"device" tabs...)

But ... I havent got a clue how to start any kind of ripping like I would
be able to do in Windows Media Player, and have it get the covers
automatically and so on ....

Sure, I can play an audio CD and I managed to manually click on something
to make it get a cover for the audio cd, but how do I tell it to put the
music to some kind of disk file ?

I tried getting help in the program, and then thing got funny :)
it told me that I dont have some weird KDE programmes installed, so "it
cant help me" ??
I will probably get flemd to hell for saying this, but doesnt this sound
like when Microsoft was trying to force people into Windows, if they wanted
MediaPlayer(or was it the other way round).
Are you trying to build the best Player for Linux , and at the same time,
force us into KDE !?

I might reveil now that I do not run KDE, but Gnome on my Archlinux, sorry
about that ...
I do not want to throw KDE on as well, just to get help with Amarok, which
(incidently) seems rather well build, even if i'm not smart enough to
understand it at first glance :)

So : Can anybody help me get my cd's onto my disk ?