Connecting new music player won't allow oggs

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Oct 29 23:24:39 UTC 2007

On Monday 29 October 2007, Mark Fraser wrote:
> Thanks Jeff, at least I now know it's not something I'm missing. In the
> meantime I've been doing what Greg mentioned in his post.

Mark,

Certainly it's something that must have worked, at least on and off, at times.
Such an obvious mistake surely wouldn't have gotten by the people that wrote
it.

In my debugging so far, actually, I have no good solution or idea why it's
happening.  It is literally the following, dumbed down to pseudocode:

debug << "putting in " << item;
popupMenu->insertAtPos( item, 1 );
debug << "item at pos 1: " << popupMenu->itemAtPos( 1 );

With the following output:
putting in ogg
item at pos 1: &ogg

There's something really weird here, and I'm hoping it's not a regression in
Qt.

--Jeff