backtraces

Ljubomir Simin ljubomir.simin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:56:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I was thinking about the backtraces users send when Amarok crashes. I think
that could be a good topic for a short article on the next AWN. So I'm
interested in some statistics:
	-how many backtraces are submitted? i.e. weekly/monthly
	-how many of them are plain useless, and what is the percentage of the useful
ones?
	-what are the most frequent issues, what are the reasons Amarok fails the
most? xine? bad packages? shared libraries versions? database issues?
smp/x86_64 problems?
	-maybe the most used ditro?

Besides statistics, I whould explain a bit what backtraces are, why debugging
info is so important, and educate readers how to make a good backtrace.
I would not like to wash our dirty laundry publically (if we have any ;)),
just think that might be interesting.

--
Ljubomir Simin
Registered Linux User #351181