Weirdness with ATF and Collection Scanner

Greg Meyer greg at gkmweb.com
Wed Oct 24 11:56:23 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Rich wrote:
> On 2007.10.24. 06:35, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > I have been playing around a bit with my database to replace some tracks
> > with higher quality versions without losing the stats, and it is going
> > well, except for some weirdness.
> >
> > My music is located on an NFS share, and it is deviceid 7 in my database.
> >  My root filesystem, is defined as deviceid 32.  The NFS share is mounted
> > at /mnt/music.
>
> which amarok version ? device id 32 is pretty huge, especially for a
> root fs...

This database has been going for a long time, probably since mysql support was
added 3 years ago, so it has been through 3 computer upgrades.  I actually
just trimmed the size a bit last night so only the devices in use exist.

> if you don't have the latest version, you should upgrade and do a full
> rescan. if you have, it might help to see devices table contents.

I run the svn head from the stable branch, and that is what i have been doing,
notice the 7th word in the next paragraph.

--
Greg