Anybody use amarok for video podcasts?

Christian Ober-Blöbaum cob at tzi.de
Fri Oct 19 19:52:20 UTC 2007

Hello Jeff,

I am not using my iPod for videos and therefore never tested it before.

But because your mail sounded so sad I gave it a try. ;-)

I tested it with the following podcast (no comments please - it just
came to my mind first...):
http://www.bundeskanzlerin.de/Webs/BK/DE/Service/RSS/Functions/bundeskanzlerinPodCastRSS20,templateId=renderNewsfeed.xml

I downloaded about 10 podcasts (so about 200 MB) and then transferred
them to the iPod watching the transfer rate in gkrellm. And I have to
say that I did not notice any slowness. It was the normal USB-Speed of
about 12 MB per second.

So the problem can not be generally related to amarok.

Some more details on my iPod and my software environment:

iPod: 5th generation, 30GB, firmware version 1.2.1, HFS+ formatted
(without journalling of course)
Linux: Ubuntu Feisty, kernel 2.6.22.6, amarok 1.4.7, libgpod 0.4.2

I hope you find the reason for your problem soon.

Bye,
Christian.