Anybody use amarok for video podcasts?

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Oct 18 16:33:26 UTC 2007

> Is Amarok (or rather the media device interface layer)
> resampling/rencoding the video for your iPod when it perhaps doesn't
> need to? I don't own any such device or do any video podcasting so just
> a wild stab in the dark!

The interface certainly doesn't make it look like that's what's
happening, and as far as I could tell looking through the code,
there's no support for that sort of thing. That's a good guess though.
Hopefully somebody who wrote that code for amarok can chime in with an
idea of what it's supposed to be doing.