[Feedback] Counter

Greg Meyer greg at gkmweb.com
Sun Oct 14 23:44:15 UTC 2007

On Sunday 14 October 2007, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> Playlist counting is incremented at the end of a song or when it is
> skipped. Add the "playcount" column to the playlist to see.

I think that is the problem, that he doesn't want the playcount to increment
on a skip.

Unfortunately, the playcounter incrementing on a skip is integral to the
concept of scoring as it is currently implemented.  Since the number of plays
and the length the song was played are used to determine the score, not
incrementing the playcount would prevent a score from being calculated.

--
Greg