Amarok does not run on OpenSuSe 10.3

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:50:29 UTC 2007

El Viernes 12 Octubre 2007, Donn Washburn escribió:
> I believe "Don't run gdb, valgrind," is a warning message.
That's correct. There are no error messages, the window simply doesn't appear.
Deleting the amarok db seems to fix it.
> As for SuSE 10.3 I am running a cvs version of amarok witch is very
> stable.  As for SuSE, SuSE doesn't support mp3 or mp4 due to license
> issues (at least in the USA).  To get it to work download and compile
> xine-lib, making sure you have its dependences.  Amarok works like a
> charm.  "http://www.xinehq.de/"
No need to compile anything. Add the packman repository in community
repositories, install libxine1, and you are done.

--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)