Amarok does not run on OpenSuSe 10.3

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Fri Oct 12 00:38:44 UTC 2007

Miguel Angel Alvarez wrote:
> El Jueves 11 Octubre 2007, ctrl0l escribió:
>> Hello,
>> Amarok does not run on OpenSuSe 10.3. On starting from console, it writes
>> some messages and just hangs. There is no any window, but there are two
>> processes running: amarok and amarokapp.
> This just has happened to me.
> Kill both, delete the amarok db and restart. After restarting configure again
> whare your collection is and rescan.
>> Here are the messages in console:
>> Amarok: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
>> Amarok: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use
>> amarokapp.
>> QLayout "unnamed" added to QVBox "unnamed", which already has a layout
>> QLayout: Adding KToolBar/mainToolBar (child of QVBox/unnamed) to layout for
>> PlaylistWindow/PlaylistWindow
>> QObject::connect: Incompatible sender/receiver arguments
>>         StarManager::ratingsColorsChanged() -->
>> ContextBrowser::ratingOrScoreOrLabelsChanged(const QString&)
>> Amarok: [Loader] Amarok is taking a long time to load! Perhaps something
>> has gone wrong?

I believe "Don't run gdb, valgrind," is a warning message.
As for SuSE 10.3 I am running a cvs version of amarok witch is very
stable.  As for SuSE, SuSE doesn't support mp3 or mp4 due to license
issues (at least in the USA).  To get it to work download and compile
xine-lib, making sure you have its dependences.  Amarok works like a
charm.  "http://www.xinehq.de/"

I just wish it had a software alarm clock.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.