Amarok in OpenSuse 10.3

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Tue Oct 9 00:23:39 UTC 2007

Robert Smits wrote:
> This morning I did a fresh install of the new OpenSuse 10.3 distro, which
> comes with Amarok 1.4.7, Suse KDE 3.5.7 (release 72).
>
> Out of the box, amarok is configured to use gstreamer as the engine, and the
> first thing I noticed is that amarok wouldn't continues to play the next
> selection in the playlist, after it completed one.
>
> Eventually getting to the point of trying everything, I changed the engine to
> xine, and all was normal again.
>
> Bob.
Just to let you know.  It will not play mp3s in the USA because of legal
reasons SuSE has not set mp3.  The way to solve the problem is to
download and compile xine-lib.  At a SuSE Forum in Houston - the above
came from a Novell Rep.  Just for the fun of it as root try "ldd" on
amarok and libxine.so.  You might find a lib missing

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.