Amarok in OpenSuse 10.3

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Mon Oct 8 23:22:13 UTC 2007

This morning I did a fresh install of the new OpenSuse 10.3 distro, which
comes with Amarok 1.4.7, Suse KDE 3.5.7 (release 72).

Out of the box, amarok is configured to use gstreamer as the engine, and the
first thing I noticed is that amarok wouldn't continues to play the next
selection in the playlist, after it completed one.

Eventually getting to the point of trying everything, I changed the engine to
xine, and all was normal again.

Bob.
Bob Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your
living room by people you wouldn't have in your home...David Frost