svn access

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 8 08:22:54 UTC 2007

Christian Engels wrote:
> Hiho
>
> Well, i am no developer, just a silent listener but mostly you don't get svn
> access just if you want tot do anything and nobody knows you. Especially if
> you are new. If you want to develop something, use the svn directory and work
> on a patch on it. If it works, send the patch here to this ml and somebody
> will look at it.

Actually I've found that KDE generally is quite open to giving SVN
accounts out. It doesn't take much to convince them. Some evidence of
your bugzilla activity, preferably with a few patches attached to some
bugs, should be enough.

However, even tho' I have SVN commit access for the KDE svn, I would
never think of committing anything to the amarok subtrees without a long
discussion with the devs and and I would probably still let one of the
primary people do the actual commit anyway just out of respect for the
management structure....

Col