Jammed up Last.fm queue

Walter Little walterplittle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:09:02 UTC 2007

On Amarok 1.4.7, I keep getting a message "Failed to submit several tracks
to Last.fm" and upon expanding the message it says "Failed to submit 'song
name' and 9 other tracks \n 117 tracks still in queue." Up until a few days
ago last.fm submission was working fine, not sure what changed. It appears
that it got hung up on a particular track and has been backing up ever
since, but it is not apparent to me how to clear out the queue. I tried
removing the entry for the offending track manually from submit.xml, didn't
make a difference.

I did some web searching and was only able to find information suggesting
that Last.fm was inaccessible. That is plausible, but this has been going on
for more than 1 week, and I can access their site from the web browser with
no problems, so I'm guessing the answer to the issue is not as simple as
that.

I also tried backing up my ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok folder and letting
Amarok recreate it from scratch. Didn't help (so it means that it wasn't the
particular track holding it up).

Has anyone seen behaviour like this; if so, what, if anything, did you do to
mitigate this failure? Any suggestions are most appreciated. Last.fm support
is a "nice to have" feature in what is a first-rate audio player.

Thanks,

Walter