Upgrade to 1.4.7 & Build Collection = Incorrect Mapping

bhanks at bhanks.com bhanks at bhanks.com
Tue Oct 2 13:23:13 UTC 2007

> can you reproduce the same problem using sqlite ?
> unless somebody knows where the problem is already, that will help to
> locate it faster.

I started from scratch and configured Amarok to use SQLite.  The
results were the same as with Postgresql.  That is there are paths in
the DB that are mapped to the incorrect artist/title info.  A little
more investigation shows that the affected files actually contain
incorrect ID3 tags.  I'm not sure how these got updated because they
were fine when I was using Rhythmbox.  After converting to Amarok,
this issue popped up.

One other observation -- the affected files appear to be inverted (see below).

/prod/data/music/mp3/Beck--Mellow_Gold is mapped to
Artist=Beastie_Boys Title=Check_Your_Head

/prod/data/music/mp3/Beastie_Boys--Check_Your_Head is mapped to
Artist=Beck Title=Mellow_Gold

At this point, my only option seems to be to rebuild the ID3 tags for
the affected files.  Any idea what the best approach would be?

-- Brian