Samsung T10 OGG support

Alvin alvinbeach at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:03:01 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a Samsung T10 media device. I have been able to get Amarok to connect
to this device by upgrading libmtp to version 0.2.4 (release 24 Nov 2007).

Though Amarok cannot see the various directories (e.g. Datacasts, Videos,
Text, etc.), it does see the music files.

My question is, how can I tell Amarok to upload OGG files to the device? I
used the Windows software that came with the device and I was able to upload
OGG music and podcasts. However, when I try to do that with Amarok, I get an
error message stating, something to the effect of, format not supported.

AFAIK, the windows software is not transcoding the OGG file to mp3 or wma. It
shows up as .ogg when I list the files.

The "Special Functions" dialog does not list OGG as a supported format. The
box that came with the device does not list OGG either. I was pleasantly
surprised that it was able to play ogg files.

Is it possible to force Amarok to upload an ogg file? Or is this a libmtp
issue?

Thanks,

Alvin