ipod classic sync bug?

Dvir Volk dvirsky at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:49:14 UTC 2007

Hi,
Couldn't find it in the bug tracker so i thought i'd ask here:
I have a new iPod classic. At first i tried putting all my music into it
using amarok  (1.4, openSuse 10.3 default) mounting it as an ipod and all,
but the ipod didn't recognize any of the songs on it.
I tried the same with iTunes and of course it went down fine.
A few weeks later I wanted to add some music from amarok to the iPod. The
result: all the music has been deleted from the ipod (as far as the ipod is
conerned at least).
Did I do anything wrong? What do I do to prevent this in the future?