[Feedback] port

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:29:42 UTC 2007

> I assume that means that Phonon will be available with new features
> planned in Qt 4.4? Out of curiosity, do you know what features are
> needed for Phonon and the portable audio engine to work?

No, I usually mean exactly what I write! ( though I sometimes phrase
it poorly ) :-)

Qt 4.4 will _include_ Phonon and include a supported engine on each
platform. This will save us the trouble of having to write a brand new
DirectX audio backend just for Windows, and as we would rather not
spend time doing platform dependent code, this will save us a lot of
time and effort and allow us to make Amarok2 even better!

- Nikolaj