[Feedback] port

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 10:35:15 UTC 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 11:10 AM,  <superfreestyler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Charles sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> hi, id like to express my thanks for your wonderful work, praise is well
> placed on you guys

Thanks! :-)

> i use amarok on my debian (sid) pc and enjoy it, however most of my family
> uses windows and is quite happy with it, I'd like to wean them off it by
> starting with open applications like replacing itunes with amarok, and was
> wondering if you have a very rough estimate of when or the windows port
> will be released

The release of Amarok2 for windows depends on a few things. First of
all, we need to get Amarok2 ready in general. The code already builds
and runs on Windows, but the main issue is the lack of an usable audio
engine. This should change when Qt 4.4 is released as this will
include Phonon and a working audio engine for all major platforms (
Windows, Linux, and Mac ).

So, If I were to venture a guess, I would say that you will see an
official Windows version of Amarok ( it is not even really a port as
most of the code is inherently cross platform already ) sometimes
after Qt4.4 is officially released.

- Nikolaj