Suggested Songs gets wedged on a single artist

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Nov 1 17:57:22 UTC 2007

Hi Seb,

CC'd to you, since its an older thread.

Am Sonntag 23 September 2007 schrieb Seb Ruiz:
> On 23/09/2007, Jer Johnson <jer at gweep.net> wrote:
> > I'd included a new chunk of code in that post, from the
> > source file dynamicmode.cpp line 378 (approximately):
> >
> > KURL::List DynamicMode::retrieveTracks( const uint trackCount )
> > {
> > DEBUG_BLOCK
> >     KURL::List retrieval;
> >
> >     if(( m_cachedItemSet.count() <= trackCount ) || (appendType() ==
> > SUGGESTION) ) {
> >         debug() << "Refreshing cached items" << endl;
> >         rebuildCachedItemSet();
> >       }
> >

> > the only addition I've made is the "  || (appendType() == SUGGESTION)
> > " , which re-generates the cached list of Suggested Artists.
> > this negates the usefulness of the cache, but makes the Suggested
> > Artists playlist work properly.  as a user, I prefer the latter.
>
> Yes, this looks good. I'll do this now. Thanks for the catch.

So the bugs

http://bugs.kde.org/141375

http://bugs.kde.org/145046

should have been fixed?

If so, these bugs can be closed. Preferably with a comment that contains a
link to this mailinglist thread

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/amarok/2007-September/004261.html

and the SVN commit

http://www.commit-digest.org/issues/2007-09-23/moreinfo/715714/

I lack bugzilla karma for that, so I leave that to you.

Ciao,