Help understanding podcast icons

Andrew Ash ash211 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:03:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 11:06:54AM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm starting to use podcasts now for the first time and I have some
> trouble understanding what the various small icons next to the
> individual podcast episode names mean.  I have a screenshot posted here:
> http://www.derailleur.org/amarok_podcast_icons.png
>
> This picture shows all three icons:  a plainish "i in a square" icon, a
> similar icon with a red semicircle over the i, and a downard-pointing
> arrow.  The red-emphasized icon osmetimes pulses, I guess when the file
> in question is actively being downloaded.
>
> I'm just trying to determine what exactly each icon means; the state of
> the podcast doesn't seem to be consistently and reliable predictable
> from the icon.  Also if there's just a place somewhere that this
> information can be found, I'd appreciate hearing about that as well.
>
> thanks,
>
> matt

I believe that the icon with the red circle emanating from it means that
the podcast has a new / unlistened to podcast.  The icon without the
circle means there are no new episodes, and the down arrow means that
the episode has been downloaded locally to your computer, so you can
listen to those without needing an Internet connection.

I'm not sure if there's an easy pleace for documentation anywhere, but
there might be something in the help files somewhere I'm not aware of.

Andrew Ash