[Feedback] Amarok Script:How to add an CoverImage to Collection?

0422039 at fudan.edu.cn 0422039 at fudan.edu.cn
Fri May 4 01:29:51 UTC 2007

CuteRabbit sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

I'm a Chinese college student and a fun of Amarok. I've noted that Amarok
already provided the function of downloading coverimage from amazon.com,
but for most Chinese albums,it gets nothing. It's a pity. And I want to
write an script to automatically fetch coverimage from some Chinese web
site. I'm not familiar with programming under Linux using python or
ruby,but I tried to learn some related knowledge,and I have written a short
script which can successfully fetch coverimage from www.douban.com(a
Chinese wiki on entertainment). Now the question is if I've got a
coverimage of a certain album,how can I add it to collection in python
using dcop or other method? I looked into
~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/,the image seems to be named after a
serial of hexadecimal value. How are these values generated?I read the wiki
page of Script-Writing_HowTo and DCOP_Functions,but I found no detail about
these. Is these a way to add an coverimage to collection using python
then?
Sorry for my poor English.
Wish your reply.