Looking up cover art in database

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Mar 22 03:56:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 04:26:17PM -0500, Ian Monroe wrote:
> Maybe explain what your trying to accomplish. I don't see why you want
> to go from the cover images file names back to artist, album. I think
> the answer is that you can't really.

Basically, I want to fetch covert art from Amarok for use with Slimserver.
I use both programs.

Oh crap -- Looks like I was using the wrong artist name.  Knew it would
be something obvious.

Yes, it would be handy if the md5sum was stored in the database.  I
have way more albums in my collection than I have cover art, so it
would be nice to be able to pass in the hash and get back album and
artist.  As it is now I'll just have to scan the entire album table.

amarok=>
select distinct
    artist.name,
    album.name,
    md5(lower( artist.name || album.name ))
from
    tags
    join artist on tags.artist = artist.id
    join album on tags.album = album.id
where
    tags.album = 795;
            name            |    name     |               md5
 Bob Marley And The Wailers | Natty Dread | 93273eeff74ade8dbc2cef6293775280
(1 row)

And that matches (Yea!):

.kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/large/93273eeff74ade8dbc2cef6293775280

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org