strange database problem

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Wed Mar 21 22:56:52 UTC 2007

Hi sebastian,
Amarok stores statistics in the database with relative paths from the
drive root. Since you moved the root (from sdb3 to sdb4 ), it's not
going to work.

You'll need to do some manual fixing of your database. Make sure you
are not running Amarok, and make a backup of collection.db.

In the 'devices' table, you will see a list of tables:

seb at hammerhead:~/.kde/share/apps/amarok$ sqlite3 collection.db
SQLite version 3.3.13
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> select * from devices;
1|uuid||/|/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_aed7daa5_91f9_40c6_a859_dd2eaf5399c4||
sqlite>

This shows that i have one device, with id 1 and hardware id
volume_uuid_aed...... whatever

You will have more than one, with at least one for the old device, and
one for the new device.

Once you have determined which is your new device, you will need to
update all the rows in the rest of the database to match the new id.

Important: I am assuming your old id is A and the new one is B.
Replace them as relevant

sqlite> UPDATE embed SET deviceid=B WHERE deviceid=A;
sqlite> UPDATE images SET deviceid=B WHERE deviceid=A;
sqlite> UPDATE labels SET deviceid=B WHERE deviceid=A;
sqlite> UPDATE lyrics SET deviceid=B WHERE deviceid=A;
sqlite> UPDATE playlists SET deviceid=B WHERE deviceid=A;
sqlite> UPDATE statistics SET deviceid=B WHERE deviceid=A;
sqlite> UPDATE tags SET deviceid=B WHERE deviceid=A;
sqlite> UPDATE tags_labels SET deviceid=B WHERE deviceid=A;
sqlite> UPDATE uniqueid SET deviceid=B WHERE deviceid=A;

Now, restart Amarok and hope it works.

http://www.sebruiz.net/