Transcoding files when transfering to iRiver

David Berg drberg1000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 04:15:47 UTC 2007

Martin Aumueller wrote:
> You need the transKode script. Search kde-apps.org for it.

Thanks for sending me back to look at that again.  I'd previously
checked it out but it gave me an error message when I tried to run it
and I didn't look into it.  Upon closer inspection it was complaining
about not being able to find libpng3.so.  aptitude install libpng3 (on
debian based systems) was all I needed.

Though I'm still not sure why a script would need to be installed for
ifp devices but not for "generic audio devices".

--Dave