Amarok + xine + tightvnc causes hard-crash

M furt at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 13:24:28 UTC 2007

Hello list,

I'm using amarok 1.4.5 on kde 3.5.5 on a headless gentoo machine. I'm running
tightvnc to connect to the machine.
 When I select xine as output engine the system crashes after playing songs
for a while - the only thing I can do is to press the reset button.
When I select the helix engine amarok runs stable, and when I run amarok
locally (without tightvnc) it runs stable, too. Same for any other
application using xine, e.g. kaffeine runs stable. So I think the problem
must be with amarok.
Any help is welcome.

Best regards,
Marius