GUI changes

Christian Weilbach christian_weilbach at web.de
Tue Mar 13 12:55:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

I know there is a lot of hype around this subject and I'm not a useability
pro. Additionally you might consider this not to be the right place to
discuss stuff like that and choose bugs.kde.org. So just ignore this posting
if you don't like it.

I would like to propose to move the tools for the collection and for the
browser in amarok 2.0 move to the bottom. I know tabs at the bottom may sound
odd, but it is simply to much on top. The tools for the collection browser
shouldn't be a problem since the tools for the playlist are on bottom, too.
I've added a modified screenshot of the current amarok screenshot.

I'm suggesting it, because I like amarok a lot, but often I feel very
uncomfortable with the many tool buttons on top. You definetly should be able
to hide them. And I don't like vertical tabs on the left of windows. Maybe
someday you can get used to it, but it simply is not the usual direction
I 'read' controls. A good friend of mine changed to rythmbox for that.

Cheers,
Christian Weilbach