Developing a script

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Sun Mar 4 10:47:50 UTC 2007

On 04/03/07, Thomas Beck <1981Neo at web.de> wrote:
> Hi @all
>
> I'd like to create a script for amarok that extends its functionality to fetch the chords for a song..so I need an SVN-Account.
> I am usually a programmer that uses delphi and C++ for all tasks but I like to wide my view by learning python... and what's better as doing it by helping amarok users :-) I come from Saarland, Germany and did my apprenticeship in programming 2 1/2 years ago. Since then I am studying media informatics, a combination study that includes design (Gui,Ui in general, but also normal architecture design) and informatics.
>
> By the way... I come frome the ubuntu (and Gnome) corner so I was using rhythmbox and banshee all the time. I tried amarok a few days ago-and you blow me away! This piece of software is outstanding, especially the "fetch all covers from amazon" feature! And a little question right after that: Do you plan to integrate the AmarokFS app? I think that's for sure a very cool simple app that should be easy to integrate!
>
> So far now..keep rocking the "fast forwarded" amarok!
>
> Greetings to all! Tom

Hi Tom,
We are currently recreating Amarok to be used under the Qt4/KDE4
technologies. As a result of this, we aren't really taking new
features until we iron out the porting effort. Additionally, the 1.4
branch is stable and won't be introducing any major new features as
Guitar Tab fetching.

For your aims, I would recommend writing a lyrics script, so that
instead of fetching the words to a song, it instead fetches and
displays the guitar tabs. I believe one may have existed a while ago,
but I cannot find it.

For an introduction in Script writing, have a read here:
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Script-Writing_HowTo

For more info, join us on #amarok @ irc.freenode.net

All the best,
Seb