Amarok 1.4.6 on Solaris

Jonathan Wheeler griffous at griffous.net
Tue Jun 26 10:46:55 UTC 2007

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Quoting Jonathan Wheeler <griffous at griffous.net>:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I've just built the latest SVN of amarok on Solaris 11, and it's working
>> well.
..
>> Once 1.4.6 goes GA, I'll update the solaris blastwave package straight
>> away. (We're still on 1.4.4)
>
> Yay!

Thanks for the mention in the newsletter guys :)

As promised, I've built 1.4.6 for Blastwave, and we're going through the
QA process now.

I originally wrote the "Amarok on Solaris 10" install guide that's on
your wiki (well it was a wiki at the time...) here:
http://amarok.kde.org/Install_Guide#AmarokonSolaris10

With a second (and latest) build of Amarok for Solaris coming very soon,
  could we get a more official link for Solaris downloads added to your
main download page?
In the very least, it would be good to update the above link to inform
users there is a _really easy_ way of getting their favorate music
player working under Solaris 8+, without having to compile it manually
as is still suggested by this page.

Thanks,
Jonathan