New blue icon set.

Landy DeField landy at revelinux.com
Thu Jun 21 02:33:55 UTC 2007

Hello everybody,

File this under some of you may already know this...

There is a new icon set available set for your consumption that you can get
right here --> http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/topic,14132.0.html
I reused a lot of the existing artwork and recreated many of the icons that
were available from Amarok's dark blue period. ;) So, many thanks to the
artists who boldly went before. :) I recreated many of them with the hopes
of improving the metaphors that Amarok will use from here on out. If you are
using version 1.4.6 than all of the yummy icon goodness is bundle with. If
not refer to the link above.

We are still a long way from having a "complete" set of icons that cover all
of the functions that is jam packed into the beast we know as Amarok. :) But
I will continue to work away on finding metaphors that fit and creating
artwork for the missing few.

For Amarok 2.0 the icons will be styled to match the oxygen icon style. You
may also find it interesting to know that the "new blue" icon set is using
colors picked directly from the oxygen color palette. :)

Want to try your hand at recoloring the new blue icon set grab the source
version of the download. -->
http://revelinux.com/files/amarok_icons_newblue_with_source_svg.tar.gzinstructions
on recoloring are included in the .svg. All that I ask is that
you make any recolored icon sets available to everyone under the LGPL-->
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html

Enjoy

land0