Amarok and DCOP

Christoph Spielmann spielc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:55:39 UTC 2007

Hi everybody!

I'm working on a replacement-script for the buildin "Suggested
songs"-dynamic playlist (no offence but since version 1.4.5 it behaved
so strange). I'm writing this script in ruby and well it's already that
far that it finds related artists using DCOP, chooses one and tries to
add a song of the selected artist to the playlist again via DCOP.

Everything works fine till i try to add the song to the playlist via
DCOP. Sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes it doesn't work at all.
I log the important messages to a file and when i check them they look
fine.

E.g. i want to add
file:///mnt/music/Headbangers%20Ball%20Volume%202/212-every_time_i_die-i_been_gone_a_long_time-butt.mp3
i do it with `dcop amarok playlist addMedia
file:///mnt/music/Headbangers%20Ball%20Volume%202/212-every_time_i_die-i_been_gone_a_long_time-butt.mp3`
the call returns but nothing is added to the playlist. As i said in most
of the cases it does work but in some cases it doesn't. Btw. the file i
mentioned works in most cases too but just in some cases it doesn't.

Now my question is what is the correct way to add media to the playlist
or better yet how do i have to format the URL that it works reliably?

Thanks in advance!

Christoph