cannot play mp3 in amarok

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Thu Jun 14 23:16:20 UTC 2007

peter wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I tried several solutions to play mp3 in amarok under suse open 10.2.
> running on an athlon 1800 +.
> Can anyone give me a step by step method in order to play mp 3 in
> amarok, because i love the looks of the program.
>

> thanx
>
> grtz Peter
Your problem is due to SuSE not configuring xine-lib and amarok
correctly for legal reasons.  Most of the problem is due to xine-lib.
Download the sources, compile them and Amarok works great!  Then ssek
out www.sky.fm and "streamripper".  Life can be made beautiful!!!! or at
least the music part.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.