Amarok 2.0 mysql dump

Stuart Neill stuart.neill at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 8 00:51:19 UTC 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007 09:59, Rich wrote:
> On 2007.06.07. 11:04, Ian Monroe wrote:
> > Alexandre already did a diagram of the Amarok 1.4 database scheme
> > (which is also what Amarok 2.0 uses currently):
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=amarok-devel&m=117219828328070&w=2
> >
> > And
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=amarok-devel&m=118112283921181&w=2
> > is the work I'm doing currently. Feel free to share your thoughts on
> > it in this list.
>
> just a quick thought - what about multiple artist support ?
> i guess it would require a change in the db, if it is implemented later.

This would be my top feature request. While Amarok copes admirably with a
track by Artist X in a compilation album, for a collaboration album by Artist
X & Artist Y the context for the artists is not maintained.

Providing this in a proper fashion would probably require an intermediary
track-artist table between the track and artist tables. If it is thought that
this would be too great an upheaval to the database structure, then allowing
for three? artist fields in the track table would probably go a long way to
providing the functionality required. I know that flac and vorbis tags allow
for multiple artist tags.

I would personally be happy if all that was achieved was a collaboration
sub-section which looked very much like the compilation sub-section.

My other feature request would be to add album_date to the album table. I have
a number of "greatest hit" type albums where I tag the date of each track to
the original release date. For these albums, I am then forced to put the
album date into the album_name field. The way Amarok currently deals with
this leads to some slight oddities. The situation could be improved.

--
Stuart Neill