[Feedback] ALSA+Amarok-XINE produce strange noise over music on some mp3 files while using dmix

ZloiHunter at gmail.com ZloiHunter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:45:09 UTC 2007

HeadHunter sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

I tried to play back some ?mp3-pro? encoded files using xineUI and Amarok.
They played back with no errors, but when i switched from direct hardware
output (hw:0,0) to dmix the problem appeared. Files are  still played back
with no errors, but some strange noise appeared on frequency of about 4
-5KHz. this sounds like clicks, and is really annoying. Switching off dmix
solve the problem, but blocks sound output=(
I am pretty sure that this is not only Amarok-XINE's problem, but also
some bug in ALSA's dmix, but I do not understand how to handle this.
My hardware:
Analog Devices AD1881 also known as intel 8x0
My software
Amarok 1.4.5 KDE 3.5.5. OpenSuSE 10.2
XINE: latest from packman's rpm store.
Mail me for feedback if you need any=)