[Feedback] Amarok 2 UI/playlist feedback

4bugzilla at gmail.com 4bugzilla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:09:43 UTC 2007

Serhiy sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

The main source of information about Amarok 2 Development I was able to
find is the following articale
http://dot.kde.org/1173761811/
It gives some guidelines how interface of Amarok 2 will look. From this
article:
--
You may first wonder "Where is the playlist?" as I and a few of my peers
on IRC initially wondered, but if you look closely, the list on the right

Is this correct?

If so I want to ask you some questions. Will I be able to make Amarok 2
look like
http://static.kdenews.org/content/the-road-to-kde-4/vol12_356_amarok.png
? I ask this because on Amarok 1.4.5 screenshot we can see what people
call playlist. A list with not just list of pairs Title/Artist but a list
with all information I want to see and with possibility to sort, filter do
some other staff and exclude some tracks from playing (via checkbox) (But I
guess this feature is missing)

The other question will I be able to hide "context view" which is in the
middle of the screen? I mean it is nice but it takes to much space on the
screen but gives nothing useful (from my point of view).

Are you planning to implement possibility to exclude some tracks from
playing via checkbox. Like this is implemented in iTunes? It is very useful
because you can keep some tracks in playlist and in the same time mark that
they will not be played. This prevents users from editing playlist every
time you just dont want some song was played in this list.

And from my point of view it possible to clean up Amarok's UI and make it
more simple and clear. I propose to have 3 different views for playlist. 1
is row list which is enhanced table view similar to
http://static.kdenews.org/content/the-road-to-kde-4/vol12_356_amarok.png
but without context view. 2nd view can be very similar to the current
context view but display all tracks grouped by albums or artists. And the
third one the cover flow view similer to iTunes (I have read that someone
is already working to implement this in Amarok). I think that it is
possible to make these views different tabs in the playlist window so that
it was very easy to switch between them.

Other possible enhancement could be to reorganize navigation by the usage
of tree instead of current buttons on the left side of the screen.

Thanks,
Serhiy