Amarok and lirc codes

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Jul 30 13:25:57 UTC 2007

Florian Lindner wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an IR remote control that works with lirc. Some buttons on the remote
> work without any help (like irkick, lircd of course needs to be started).
> Other buttons don't work. My config looks like that:
>
> begin remote
>
>   name  RM-FP
>   bits           16
>   eps            30
>   aeps          100
>
>   one             0     0
>   zero            0     0
>   pre_data_bits   16
>   pre_data       0x1
>   gap          403644
>   toggle_bit      0
>

>       begin codes
>           power                    0x0074
>           source                   0x0094
>           1                        0x0002
>           2                        0x0003
>           3                        0x0004
>           4                        0x0005
>           5                        0x0006
>           6                        0x0007
>           7                        0x0008
>           8                        0x0009
>           9                        0x000A
>           L                        0x0069
>           0                        0x000B
>           R                        0x006A
>           snapshot                 0x0095
>           16-ch_prev               0x00CA
>           ch_up                    0x0192
>           ch_down                  0x0193
>           vol_up                   0x0073
>           vol_down                 0x0072
>           fullscreen               0x0174
>           mute                     0x0071
>           audio                    0x0188
>           record                   0x00A7
>           play                     0x00CF
>           stop                     0x0080
>           pause                    0x00A4
>           backward                 0x009E
>           forward                  0x009F
>           teletext                 0x0184
>           wake_up                  0x0194
>           sleep                    0x0195
>           epg                      0x016D
>           menu                     0x008B
>       end codes
>
> end remote
>

> Keys I've found out to work are:
>
> - all numbers (work as input in the search field)
> - pause 0x00A4
> - L 0x0069 jumps like 10s backwards
> - R 0x006A jumps like 10s forwards
> , vol_up, vol_down, mute (KMix gets them)
>
> other buttons like stop, play, epg don't work. Is there any "standard" of
> naming those buttons so amarok will recognize them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Florian

If you can do button combinations you can control playback with Win+(Z,
X, C, V, B).  The Windows key is sometimes called the "Super" key.
Forward and backwards, play and pause should also work if you set up the
shortcuts via kcontrol....there's a control module called "Input
Actions" or "Hot Keys" or something like that where you can map things
like XF86AudioNext to whatever you like.  I map them to dcop calls to
amarok...I forget the exact calls but they're pretty obvious if you
look.  dcop amarok playlist next IIRC, and the like.

--Jeff